The Director of Digital Operations leads the digital content team and works cross-functionally to ensure timely and effective creation and digital distribution of engaging year-round value for PMA members and potential PMA members that is global, balanced and differentiated, in alignment with organizational priorities and objectives.
The Director of Digital Operations plays a key role in the value development process, leading the digital content team and working cross-functionally to develop the content calendar as well as creating and guiding workflows that deliver engaging value in a timely manner through a variety of modes. When needed, the Director creates and refines processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The Director manages the day-to-day execution of the content calendar, working with internal teams as well as external partners and vendors to ensure high-quality deliverables that adhere to PMA brand guidelines are made available within agreed upon time frames. The Director works cross-functionally to ensure PMA digital properties follow best practices in the areas of social media, user experience and digital content creation. The Director uses metrics and functional expertise to provide insight and leadership for the regular evaluation of delivery modes and new delivery channels as well as the effectiveness of PMA digital properties.
Works under the administrative direction of the Senior Vice President of Member value and with other PMA staff though the development and execution of the content calendar. Provides direction, leadership and supervision to the Digital Content Team as well as providing guidance and direction to internal stakeholders as part of the value development process. Identifies, evaluates and works closely with partners and vendors.
The Director builds and maintains working relationships with PMA members and industry experts, as well as relevant content outlets. Internally, the Director will routinely interact with other Directors, Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents.
The Director will have indirect influence on the Membership revenue budget (approx. $4,000,000 in 2016) and the Events revenue budget (approx. $17,000,000 in 2016). Additionally, the Director will have direct influence on the Content Team expense budget (approximately $500,000 in 2016).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads, motivates and develops digital content team 10%
- Manages the digital content budget, including strategic use of vendors and contractors 5%
- Leads content operations across the organization, assisting with development of the content calendar, leading through execution and delivery, and assisting with evaluation. As part of regular communication with stakeholders, provides insight and leadership in quarterly update meetings to ensure the content calendar provides engaging year-round value that is global, balanced and differentiated across all value pillars 75%
- Ensures PMA content and branded digital platforms follow best practices, including evaluation of metrics on effectiveness and user experience 5%
- Maintains and increases technical and industry knowledge 5%
- Serves as role model for PMA’s core values and competencies. Supports collaborative and innovative culture (ongoing)
Measures of Success
- Hiring, development and management of digital content staff
- Selecting and managing relevant vendors, contractors and other resources
- Setting and, as needed, adjusting Digital Content Team priorities to support delivery of global, balanced and differentiated value across value pillars, particularly when faced with conflicting priorities and expectations from other teams
- Creating and implementing both internal and external policies relevant to digital content including social media
- Quantity and quality of engaging content produced across all PMA channels that provides year-round value that is global, balanced and differentiated
- Positive metrics with regard to PMA’s proprietary platforms
- Positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Balanced yearly budget
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Seven years’ experience in digital content production and distribution
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven supervisory skills
- Proven success in implementing and measuring content strategy
- Experience in planning, executing and measuring effectiveness of digital content
- Advanced writing, multimedia and web skills
- Strong organizational skills, team orientation
- Innovative, collaborative team player with strong creative sense and proven ability to collaborate and solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Mastery of basic computer tools such as the Microsoft Office suite and web tools including HTML editors and blogging platforms
- Experience developing and analyzing digital metrics
- Experience using multimedia tools for the web
- Experience with aggregation and curation of web content
- Experience with social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Global experience preferred
- Domestic and global travel required
No telework or relocation benefits available for this position.