Position description: The Center for Growing Talent Retain Program Director facilitates processes and teams to ensure the development, execution, and evaluation of the CGT retention strategy.
Program Development (70%)
A. Serves as the lead on the development, execution and evaluation of the retain strategy
- Works with advisory task forces and subject matter experts inside and outside of the association, to propel the HR Maturity Assessment project from launch to insight, evaluation and fine-tuning.
- Identify ways to build and enhance the companies in our industry’s employee value proposition (EVP)
- Identifies ways to position CGTbyPMA as the “go to source” for Strategic HR and Employee Value Proposition (EVP) consultation.
- Coordinates resources and programs for the industry that will assist then in developing or improving their employee value proposition.
- Serves as CGTs lead on relevant and cutting-edge content for “retain” and Strategic HR for CGT’s and PMA’s content (website, events, podcasts, programs, etc.).
- Lead the development and engagement of an HR Community for the industry (produce and floral).
B. Analyzes and evaluates programs, processes, and expenses to ensure efficacy, efficiency and continued success of programs, content, and events which create and enrich partnerships with member companies.
C. Provides input into the strategic direction for Center for Growing Talent by PMA programs.
External Partnerships (20%)
A. Creates and maintains external relationships that support CGT strategies in “retain” e.g.; consulting firms, subject matter experts, volunteer groups, etc.)
B. Builds and maintains positive, ongoing relationships with PMA teams that support CGT programs and content, CGT Board, donors and other volunteers.
A. Contributes to the budget development and management for all retain budget accounts
B. Seeks opportunities for enhanced communication, teamwork and collaboration within and between PMA and Center for Growing Talent.
C. Participates in CGT and PMA staff meetings/groups, as needed.
Personal Development (5%)
A. Attends professional meetings, workshops, and seminars to expand personal and business competencies.
B. Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all ‘employee value proposition” issues, including culture, engagement, HR technology, and others as well as industry trends, issues, and affairs.
C. Reflects in his/her own behavior the PMA competencies.
Measures of Success:
A. Increase industry use of strategic human resources tools, employee value proposition resources (including assessments, content, programs, etc.), and other tools to transform the industry’s people practices.
B. Steady annual growth in the use of and overall satisfaction with (evaluation, net promoter scores, and impact-on-mission) the HR Maturity Assessment, EVP tools, resources, and programs (goals to be set annually).
C. Identify options for, and if appropriate, implement logical ways to monetize the retention strategy.
D. Communication of information among staff and volunteers is clear, appropriate, detailed and timely.
E. Meets deadlines for plan development and budget processes.
F. Effective management of assigned program expenses.
G. Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals.
H. Utilizes technological advances to execute programs.
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience in human resources, organizational development, human resources consulting, and program development or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in creating value for employers through strategic HR leadership and/or organizational development
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting to manage people, meet goals, budgets and deadlines
- Demonstrates confidence and a high degree of initiative to work in a start-up environment.
- Exceptional presence as well as written communications and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills
- A proactive, creative problem solver with strategic thinking skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Travel requirements: Approximately 8-10 trips per year.
Telework and relocation benefits are not available for this position.