The PMA Floral Marketer of the Year Award honors an outstanding floral professional who has served the mass-market floral industry with dedication and distinction. Designed to recognize and promote excellence in industry leadership.
Established in 1981, PMA’s Floral Marketer of the Year Award honors an outstanding individual who has served the mass-market floral industry with dedication and distinction. Award winners have demonstrated superior leadership in improving and advancing the industry.
2014 Nominations Committee
The winners of the Floral Marketer of the Year Award from the past five years serve on the Nominations Committee. PMA oversees all phases of the judging process to ensure competence, impartiality and fairness. The 2014 Nominations Committee include:
• Harrison Higaki, President, Bay City Flower Company
• Bill Byland, Vice President, Micky’s Minis
• Dr. Terril Nell, Retired Professor and Chair of University of Florida’s Environmental Horticulture Department
• Traci Adams, Vice President, Corporate Floral, Safeway, Inc.
• Joe Don Zetzsche, Director of Floral, H-E-B
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a PMA member to nominate a candidate? Nominations will be accepted from any PMA Member. You can nominate yourself, an individual from your company or someone from another company.
How much is the nomination fee? There is no cost for nominating a candidate.
Can I submit more than one nomination? Yes, you can submit multiple nominations. However, each entry requires a separate nomination form.
How do I nominate a candidate? Nominations opened on June 16, 2014 and closed Aug. 15, 2014.
What are the criteria for nominations? Nominees will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Serves the floral mass-market industry with dedication and distinction
• Has made significant contributions to supermarket floral retailing
• Continues to be a proven industry influencer
• Demonstrates superior leadership in improving and advancing the mass-market floral industry
When is the 2014 nomination deadline? PMA must receive all nominations by Aug. 15, 2014.
When and where is the award presented? The 2014 Floral Marketer of the Year will receive his/her award at PMA’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo in Anaheim, California USA.
How is the panel of judges selected? The Floral Marketer of the Year Award winners from the past five years serves on the judges panel. PMA will oversee all phases of the judging process to ensure competence, impartiality, and fairness.
More questions? Contact Becky Roberts +1 (302) 607-2148.