PMA Fresh Summit connects global buyers and sellers
— Buyers and sellers across today’s increasingly global floral and fresh produce industry can learn, connect and find innovation when Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Fresh Summit Convention and Expo opens October 14-16 in Orlando, Florida, USA. This year’s event will convene earlier than in the past, so register before the advance registration deadline of Sept. 30.
“Fresh Summit provides three important tools to help growing global businesses in today’s fresh produce and floral industry,” said PMA’s Global Development Committee Chair Oleen Smethurst, assistant vice president/GMM, Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. “It offers knowledge, innovation, and networking to help sellers and buyers from across the supply chain and globe explore new business opportunities.”
This year, PMA is expecting attendees from over 60 countries, including retail delegates from around the world with special group delegations from China, Brazil and Malaysia. The 2016 trade show will be the largest in history.
Attendees who are interested in global fresh produce and/or floral business should explore Fresh Summit’s Global Connections community. The communities of interest at Fresh Summit are designed to help attendees find content and connections related to their priority business interests. Other communities to explore are Floral, Industry Talent, Issues Leadership, and Science & Technology.
Fresh Summit’s 2016 Global Connections programming includes business education, networking and innovations throughout the weekend:
A global connections reception to bring together attendees with global business interests on Saturday
- Six education workshops on Friday to highlight key topics that affect the global industry:
- “How to Reach the World’s 900 Million Online Shoppers” will explore the risks and opportunities associated with this potential virtual market
- “Your Collaborative Partners: Suppliers & Consumers” will explore how to collaborate with consumers to grow sales
- “The Power of Produce” will address current trends in consumer purchasing and produce consumption
- “How International Retailers Source Produce” will explore business models practiced by some of today’s successful international retailers
- “Food Foresight: What’s Next in Food & Agriculture” will highlight the 2016 Food Foresight report to provide helpful information for managing successful businesses
- “Building a Brand on a Shoestring Budget” will explore cost-effective strategies to help businesses build brands that drive sales and develop customer loyalty
- A record-setting Fresh Summit expo which includes more than 1,100 exhibitors:
- An Innovation@work area at the entrance to the expo will highlight innovative products and services
“PMA’s Fresh Summit attracts today’s top global retailers, produce and floral suppliers, and all of the companies around and in between them,” says PMA Fresh Summit Committee Chair Scot Olson, vice president of produce and floral, Grocery Outlet, Inc. “Many of our own relationships with Grocery Outlet suppliers have come from attending PMA’s Fresh Summit over the years. This will be our company’s 15th straight year attending the event!”
International travelers to Fresh Summit can find information tailored to their needs at www.pma.com/events/freshsummit/attendees/international-visitors.
To learn about PMA’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo and its Global Connections offerings, and to register online, visit www.freshsummit.com. The deadline to register in advance is Sept. 30; on-site registration is available.
Notes to reporters and editors:
• For photos from the 2015 Fresh Summit, visit www.flickr.com/photos/producemarketing/albums.
• If you would like to receive PMA’s comprehensive pre-event media guide to Fresh Summit, contact PMA’s Kate Hill by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Want to join us in Orlando to report on Fresh Summit? For a complimentary press pass, contact PMA’s Kate Hill by email at email@example.com.
About Produce Marketing Association (PMA)
Produce Marketing Association is the leading trade association representing companies from every segment of the global produce and floral supply chain. PMA helps members grow by providing connections that expand business opportunities and increase sales and consumption. For more information, visit www.pma.com.