Management Fundamentals for Young Professionals Program
This new online 12-month certificate program is the first step for young leaders building foundational management acumen to advance their career in the produce and floral industries.
Participants will learn from highly ranked academics and experienced subject matter experts through a mix of on-demand and real-time interactions.
If you’re a young professional, this is for you. If you're developing young professionals in your company, this program will help you build new leaders and show your staff you believe they are worth the investment.
- Are young professionals, 35 and younger
- Want a more foundational understanding of leadership, management and financial skills
- Come from all segments of the produce and floral supply chains
- Understand the produce and floral value chain and the trends that will have a long-term impact on the industry, your company and your career.
- Develop a personal brand that is reflected in in-person and virtual communication.
- Learn the basic tools and techniques of financial management to understand the implications of decision-making.
- Grasp the basics of effective teamwork in both a virtual and in-person environment.
- Learn and apply tools, techniques and methods to work smarter, not harder.
- Build critical skills to lean into, rather than avoid, difficult conversations.
How Does It Work?
This is a 12-month certificate program. The first 3 courses will be available April 26. Each quarter, 3 additional courses will be released. All 9 courses can be taken at your own pace but must be completed by Dec. 31 so you can participate in the capstone.
Enrollment is ongoing, and you can register at any time. A certificate is awarded for completion of the entire program.