Updated July 20, 2021
We can’t wait to get back together in person in Monterey July 21-22. Creating a healthy and safe environment for all guests, staff, and vendors attending our event is of utmost importance to PMA. We are monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and are working closely with health, government, facility, and other authorities to meet/exceed public health and safety protocols.
Based on current facility and local guidelines, the following exhibit, session, and networking protocols are in place. Check back frequently for updates.
- While physical distancing guidelines have been lifted as of June 15, meeting rooms and areas in the exhibit hall will be setup to allow for some physical distancing.
- The expo floor layout was modified to increase aisle space and allow for more socially distant interactions.
- Plexiglass shields will be installed at the registration counters and other service desks.
- Please verify comfort level of those you are networking with before engaging in handshakes, hugs or high-fives.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Monterey County health officials recommend all people, regardless of vaccination status, to wear face masks indoors. Masks are required for all people who are not vaccinated.
- All facility employees will wear masks and gloves based on their role, responsibilities and vaccination status in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including countertops, escalators, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, stair and escalator handrails, dining surfaces, all seating areas and tables.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. These touchless sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key contact areas such as reception areas, entrances, stairs, elevators, and escalators in public spaces.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to individually package any promotional items they are planning to distribute
Food and Beverage
- In-booth cooking/food preparation is permitted and anyone preparing or serving samples is encouraged to wear a mask and gloves and use a plexiglass shield when possible. Samples are not required to be in a sealed container, but we do recommend having that option so that unvaccinated attendees may safely transport it to a designated eating area.
- Based on current guidelines, unvaccinated guests may remove masks to sample product in designated eating areas only and not in booths.
Other Local Guidelines
The hotels and conference center have their own stringent cleaning/disinfection services, rules about guest conduct in public spaces and revised access to amenities and services. You can find up-to-date specifics for them and the Monterey Bay area here: