PMA A-NZ Tech Innovation Award
The inaugural PMA Australia-New Zealand Tech Innovation Award is a celebration of businesses that have implemented technology focussed innovation in the Australia or New Zealand fresh produce sector.
The Award is open to any individual or team and can come from any part of the value chain including seed companies, growers, packers, processors, shippers, importers and exporters, wholesalers and retailers, foodservice, government agencies, associated suppliers to the industry, and many more – any stakeholder from seed to shelf is eligible.
Self-nominations and nominations by third parties are welcome. Nominations must be received by May 8 2020 and include:
• An outline of the technology focussed innovation (including its unique features)
• What challenge(s) are being tackled by the innovation and how are they being addressed?
• Evidence of the innovation’s success in addressing industry challenges and increasing consumption
Nominations are judged against the above criteria by a panel consisting of representatives from PMA A-NZ, with the options to invite other non-aligned experts to help with the judging. The panel judges against the following four criteria:
- The innovation is unique or has other outstanding features which sets it apart from others
- The innovation incorporates sustainable design principles (social, economic, environmental)
- The innovation is relevant to the Australian and New Zealand fresh produce and/or floral industries
- The innovation satisfies an existing need or desire or creates a new need that is not currently available in the market
- Examples of how the innovation is being delivered within the industry
- The immediate and long-term impacts of the innovation on the industry
- The likeliness that innovation can be sustained or how it might be an inspiration to future innovation and innovators