Social Media Q&A:
What should I share on social media?
PMA recommends sharing the social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter – wherever your followers are most active! You can simply post the image, or you can pull language from the talking points document to create a caption in your own voice.
The one-sheeter infographics are great resources for social media. We also think they’d look great on your website, as applicable. Don’t forget to use the #JoyofFresh hashtag so we can all follow along together!
Where can I find images to share on social media?
All images included within the toolkit can be downloaded to either your
- computer and/or your
- mobile device for sharing on social media.
Most of the assets included can be shared from a desktop, with the exception of Instagram, which requires you to share from a mobile device.
Where else might I find these messages?
PMA is focused on spreading the word far and wide! You’ll find these contents on the PMA website and social media channels, as well as on the personal social media channels of PMA staffers.
PMA is partnering with a national culinary-focused public relations and media agency, Sprouthouse, to help spread the #JoyofFresh message. Their team is helping PMA execute a social media influencer campaign, where we’ll partner with like-minded organisations and individuals to leverage the leadership and knowledge of our staff as well as experts associated with PMA. You will see some of the toolkit contents utilised by these influencers as well.
What if the image I’m about to share is blurry?
PMA recommends re-downloading the chosen asset one more time. High resolution options for all PMA assets have been included in the toolkit, and, regardless of social media platform (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram), you should not encounter any issues that result in a blurry photo.
How do I make sure what I’m sharing is correct and/or aligned with PMA?
Everything included within the PMA toolkit is aligned with the messaging and brand guidelines we are championing at this time. All of the assets included have been appropriately sized to not need cropping or editing, and we recommend sharing multiple times over the coming days and weeks across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to boost awareness.
Will you join and support PMA’s efforts? These unprecedented times are fostering new approaches. I hope we can count on you to be part of changing the consumer conversation around fresh produce and the role we play in feeding the world.
Can I customise the assets and messaging to fit my brand?
Yes! You are free to take this guide as inspiration and adapt the information as you see fit.
Do I need to get PMA’s approval before posting?
No – our hope is that these materials equip you to go forth and spread the word about fresh produce during this time. That being said, our copy has been carefully written and fact-checked.
Any additional questions?
If you are in any doubt about accuracy or if you would like help crafting your own copy, please send a note to: [email protected].
Social Media How Tos:
How do I upload an image to Facebook?
- Open Facebook.com and log in using your credentials.
- At the top of your screen/news feed/timeline, click ‘Photo/Video’ below ‘Create Post’.
- Select the images you want to share and click ‘Open’.
- Include a short caption that describes the #JoyofFresh efforts using messaging included in this toolkit and click ‘Post’.
How do I upload an image to Twitter?
- Open Instagram from your mobile device (iPhone or Android).
- Tap the (+) icon at the bottom of the screen. To upload an image you’ve downloaded from this toolkit, tap ‘Library’ (iPhone) or ‘Gallery’ (Android) at the bottom of the screen and select the image you’d like to share.
- Once you’ve selected an image, continue through the following screens by clicking ‘Next’ in the upper right-hand corner. (Note: PMA does not recommend adding a filter to the assets downloaded from this toolkit.)
- On the final screen you will be prompted to include a caption. Include a short description that details the #JoyofFresh and produce efforts taking place and click ‘Share’.
How do I upload an image to my instagram Stories?
- Open Instagram from your mobile device (iPhone or Android). Tap the camera icon in the upper left-hand corner, or swipe right from anywhere on the main/home screen.
- To upload an asset downloaded from this toolkit, swipe up anywhere on the screen to choose an image from your phone’s library or gallery.
- When the image selected, include a brief caption that details the #JoyofFresh and toolkit efforts taking place by selecting the text tool (‘Aa’).
- When you’re ready to share, tap ‘Your Story’ in the bottom left-hand corner.