2016 Fresh Connections: Mexico, Creating Valuable Business Connections
More than 350 attendees and exhibitors gathered at the Poliforum in León, Guanajuato on May 11 and 12 for networking and education with a focus on helping industry leaders tap into the Mexican market and identify emerging business opportunities.
The event kicked off with Business Roundtables, which paired retail buyers and suppliers in one-on-one conversations that helped build business relationships. Networking is a highlight of Fresh Connections: Mexico, and activities included meetings for women and young professionals in our industry.
Educational sessions at Fresh Connections: Mexico focused on helping attendees leverage technology, attract financing and thrive in a challenging market. Expert presentations included:
- PMA President Cathy Burns shared PMA's eat brighter!™ campaign. Sandra Arriaga Gutiérrez and Fabian Ghirardelly, offered merchandising and advertising strategies to help attendees appeal to the Mexican consumer.
- Martín Ley and Jose Ferrer addressed issues of corporate and environmental responsibility that influence consumer buying decisions, and shared case studies from brands that have successfully leveraged these issues to grow sales.
- Two financial experts, Jorge Olson, president of Funding México and José Francisco Dovalina Lara from BanBajío told attendees how to position their companies for financial investment.
- PMA's Chief Science and Technology Officer Dr. Bob Whitaker led a panel discussion of international food safety regulations and advised attendees not only on how to meet those rules, but also on how to build brands that consumers trust. Panelists included: Luis Alberto Cruz, AVQ Consultoría Integral, S.C., and Dr. Hugo Francisco, director of Agrifood Safety, Aquaculture and Fisheries, SENASICA.
- Finally, Tim York, CEO at Markon, led a session packed with information on optimizing supply chain operations for increased profitability. Panelists included: Alejandro Saenz from Protekto Americas and Dr. Elhadi M. Yahia, professor and researcher from University of Querétaro.
We thank our attendees, speakers, exhibitors and supporters for making Fresh Connections: Mexico 2016 possible. Stay tuned for information on the 2017 event.