Growing Appetites for a Healthier World
The 2018 PMA Foodservice Conference & Expo proved to be another success, where an entirely revamped, two-day program attracted close to 1,800 suppliers, buyers, distributors, retailers, wholesalers, brokers and end-use operators who were engaged and enthralled by our new theme, new schedule and new format.
- Saturday's kick-off keynote session on innovation featured dynamic speaker Danny Meyer, CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and founder of Shake Shack, who inspired us to dig deep, embrace strategic risks and welcome disruption into our businesses and lives.
- Chef and Food Network star Chef Jet Tila led a rousing panel discussion on perspective, teaching us how to transform everyday challenges into winning opportunities. It's safe to say that our new approach to change is glass-half-full!
- A Foodservice Produce Expo like no other offered more space, more networking opportunities within the new zones, and more immersion into the latest innovations in foodservice.
- Hands-on Fruit & Vegetable Training by highly accomplished chefs proved nothing beats an in-person demonstration, as we satiated our appetites for growing trends, as well as the latest tips to handle and use fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Buyer Roundtables played matchmaker, offering foodservice suppliers unique, face-to-face access to operators and distributors.
- Center for Growing Talent dialed it up a notch with avid and active participation in their Bocce for Talent tournament, 5K Race for Talent, Joe Nucci Memorial Golf Tournament and, of course, the Women's Fresh Perspectives Reception.
All this said, we simply cannot recap this year's successful Foodservice Conference & Expo without extending a sincere thank you to our Foodservice Conference Committee Chairs: Jill Overdorf, Naturipe Value Added Fresh, and Brent Scattini, Mission Produce, Inc., as well as a host of talented, dedicated volunteers, sponsors, speakers and attendees, all of whom collectively made this event one to remember.
2019 – Same Great Place, New Days!
It's already time to start upping our game for next year! The new 2019 Foodservice Conference & Expo schedule gives you Sunday back. In response to attendee feedback, the conference will be shifting to a Friday through Saturday schedule with the expo on Saturday, July 27, 2019. This shift allows attendees to get home to their families sooner and be back in the office, fresh and ready on Monday morning. So, mark your calendars for July 26-27, 2019, back in gorgeous Monterey, CA – can't wait to see you then!